The members of the SDA-engineering GmbH are engaged in different committees and associations. The activities expand the expertise of our company and result in close contacts to approving authorities, international research institutions and representatives of code committees.
Furthermore, we are collaborating closely with the Chair of Structural Statics and Dynamics of RWTH Aachen University, where Prof. Dr.-Ing. C. Butenweg was working as Chief Engineer for 15 years, scince he changed to the Faculty of Energy Systems at FH Aachen - University of Applied Sciences. The close coopperation with RWTH Aachen University will be continued within the Center of Wind and Earthquake Engineering (CWE) and teaching assignments.
Societies and Associations
AACHEN BUILDING EXPERTS e.V.
Activities in commitees and associations (Prof. Dr.-Ing. c. Butenweg)
- Code committee construction engineering NA 005-51-06 AA, Technical committee earthquake, special problems (Preparation of the earthquake codes DIN 4149 and Eurocode 8 with National Annex for Germany)
- Code committee construction engineering NA 005-06-37 AA, Technical committee "Earthquake safety of masonry structures"
- Former President of the German Society of Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics (registered association)
- National contact person of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- Member of the Executive Committee of the European Association of Earthquake Engineering (EAEE)
- Board Member of the Center of Wind and Ewrthquake Engineering (CWE) at RWTH Aachen University
- Member of the Research Advisory Board of German Committee for Masonry Construction e. V. (DAfM)
- Head of the project team SC8.T5 „Evolution of EN 1998-4 and EN 1998-6“
- Chamber of engineers West e.V.: member and qualified structural engineer